Monday, May 17, 2004

Weekend wrap-up (2)

Spent the weekend at the golf course with Peach, at what will always be the Sara Lee LPGA tournament, no matter where it is or who sponsors it. Kind of like how Tom Selleck will always be Magnum PI, even though the show is long over (as is his moustache)...

Started Sunday out with Mimosas and the paper at Peach's, then on to the golf course, where we had a very strategic day. It's funny how just when we NEEDED a cart to take us to the other side of the course (or to the beer tent) one would appear. We also got to practice our stealth maneuvers... Peach to avoid her barfly, and I managed to not be sighted by my father. It's funny how that childhood game of "if I don't look at you, you can't see me" seems to work. :)

I ran into some of my old friends from the Sara Lee, and I think I agreed to be a captain at next year's tournament. We were lucky enough to spend the afternoon in the Trophy Suite, with a bird's eye view of the 18th green and an unlimited supply of refreshments. All in all, a good time for everyone.

...until we got to E and Peach was so happy to see The Vest back from his vacation that she kissed him and threw the poor boy into shock, causing him to break a glass and slice off his hand (well, a portion of). We never saw the actual wound - and he turned down our offer to take him to the ER, but I hope he's stitched up and heavily medicated and recovering...

But I think I need to keep an eye on Peach at the wine tasting tonight. I'd hate to send another man in for medical care... ;)

Update:

It wasn't his entire hand, just the top of his finger. 12 stitches and possible plastic surgery. At least it's his middle finger and he's having a lot of fun waving it around...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! You 2 are too much! Remind me to come visit soon.

MS