Monday, January 24, 2005

How's this for proof?

I may have successfully made it through the (work portion) of this God-awful day. After a hectic morning, I had 4 back-to-back meetings after lunch, then realized at 5:00 that I still had to file my weekly status report before heading out. I also had over a dozen emails in my inbox that needed to at least be looked at and prioritized, if not acted upon before I was free to leave.

While skimming through my emails, I found one that had been a conversation between my boss and a project manager in our department, until he added me to a final "reply". One of his responses earlier in the chain of messages read:
Sure... as long as we inflict the pain on Linda.
Better get back to my inbox and take care of the rest of things so I can head out of here and get back early tomorrow. I'm sure it's slated to be the second worst day of the year... What was the formula again?

2 comments:

Just me said...

So was that from the PM or your boss? Have you said anything???

Linda said...

My boss.

And I did ask him about it and his response was, "Well, you know if I ever say anything like that, I'm kidding,"

Yeah.

That's what these are for - :)