Friday, January 21, 2005

Please fax us your telephone number so we can call you and get your mailing address

I received the following email today:
Dear Letter Writer,

I am a fact checker for [magazine name]. We received your letter regarding your [what I wrote about]. Your letter is in the running to be included in the magazine or online.

We make it a point to place phonecalls to all of our letter writers to make sure that we have the correct first and last name, city and state, and the correct information in the letter. Is there a way I can reach you during the day to verify your information? If you prefer, you can call me at [phone number].

Thank you so much for your time! I look forward to hearing from you!

I emailed back my work number, and she immediately called me to confirm my information. I didn't ask her this, but why didn't the email message just list out my name, home town, what I submitted and ask me to reply back with confirmation or correction?

Simplicity people.

Oh - and once I know whether I'm actually published or just an online supplement, I'll reveal more information!

2 comments:

Mr. Roboto said...

Letters to Penthouse?

Linda said...

lol!

Congrats on beating Bruce Leroy to that one!