Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Nickname needed...

Earlier today, I was telling some coworkers about my night out in Spring Hill, and the DJ/trivia host who decided to refer to me as "Wild Lady Linda". They both seemed to think the moniker was appropriate. I played the "I'm an IT nerd, not some crazy chick" card.

They didn't buy it.

"Well, what's your nickname, then?", was the question. And a good question it was.

I don't have one.

Nope. Well, not a "global" nickname that is used by anyone who knows me well enough. I have had a few "pet names" over the years - just none that ever caught on. It used to bother me, especially during the school years, when I couldn't turn my name into something ending in "i" (although I was lucky enough to already have that coveted vowel in my name, allowing me to use the god-awful heart or smiley face as a dot -- I'm proud to say I have outgrown that habit). But, I digress...

My brother calls me "Princess Linda Victoria", but only because I used to call myself that in junior high. He also calls me "Lucille", which started out as "Linda Lou", and evolved to "Linda Lucille" before he completely eliminated my own name from the equation. He also calls me "Dumb ass", but usually only when I deserve it. Come to think of it, I call myself that quite often. Just ask any of my neighbors in cubeland.

A friend during my college years called me "Lulu" (another variation of Linda Lou, I suppose) and a guy I dated once called me "Wojo" in an attempt to annoy me, until he realized it didn't annoy me.

Mom used to call me "Boo", but I have no idea why. I'm sure she doesn't recall, either. Let's not even waste our time asking her.

The manager at E calls me "Trouble", but my bar tabs are usually named "Leeendah".

I've never been "Lin" (nor "Duh", thankfully). Should I even dare to add "yet" to that?

8 comments:

Just me said...

Seb used to call you Beaker from the Muppets...

Morgan said...

Since you are an "IT nerd", your nickname definitely needs to be followed by the number 3000 or 5000. Makes it "hi-tech" sounding.

Bruceleeroy said...

I believe someone was calling you Lilith the other night also. I'd go with Wild Lady 4000.

peach said...

hey, don't forget about the whole "lexi" (or was that me?) thing. i know it was a one day deal, but still, we had "biff" and "blane" with us. man was that fun!! at least you still have your hat....:)

Mr. Roboto said...

I prefer LDubbs.

Tman said...

I second LDubbs....it's all cool like that..

Linda said...

Hmm..

How about Princess LDubbs 3K?

Or just plain ol' Linda, like I've always been.

Tman said...

Well, you did ask for a nickname.

Linda is a great name so how about "the artist formally known as Ldubbs"?

I still vote for Ldubbs though..