Saturday, March 12, 2005

Sorry, wrong number

So, I hang out a lot at a sports bar in Cool Springs. And I happen to have the manager wrapped around my little finger.

This afternoon, I called his office number, only to get voice mail. Fortunately, his voice mail gave me his cell phone number.

Unfortunately, I misdialed his cell phone number.

It went like this:

me: Hey Steven, we need to know what time Kentucky plays tomorrow.

him: I'm sorry, who is this?

me: It's Linda.

him: Linda?

me: Linda W. Is this not Steven _____?

him: No, and OK, well, I don't know you, but I am a Kentucky fan and I should know this, but if I do find out, I'll call you back.

me: OK. Cool.

So, I found out about 5 minutes later and called him back and invited him to join us tomorrow.

We'll see.

2 comments:

Chez Bez said...

So, did UK dude show? Funny post.

Mike

Linda said...

Nah - he was a no show. Maybe he'll come to watch the tournament.