Thursday, March 17, 2005

Thanks for the memories...

I left this voice message earlier this evening:

me: Hey Steven. It's Linda. You know, "Trouble", as you call me. Well, anyway just wanted to say good bye. And, if this is what you were going for, congratulations, because you just lost one of your regulars.

Seriously. I know you asked me a few weeks back about getting a DJ in to host trivia, and what I thought about it and I know I told you it sucked and how the other regulars wouldn't go for it, but good for you for deciding to ignore me and for going through with it.

But, as a sports bar manager, I would have thought the "sports" part of you would say, "Hey, it's the first night of the NCAA tourney" and the "bar" part of you would add, "and it's St. Patrick's Day".

Not to mention the fact that you offer trivia via NTN all the time without an annoying DJ on a microphone...

Anyway, good luck with your career - hope it turns out well. Nice knowing you.

-----

So, what next for me? Well, I won't be helping E pay their electric bill any more, and there are plenty of other places in the BNA metro area to get my trivia fix. And besides, I have TiVo and Blockbuster all set to entertain me. That reminds me, About Schmidt is paused and waiting... And no, I'm not looking forward to the Kathy Bates in a hot tub scene.

4 comments:

Bruceleeroy said...

I don't know what happened last night but I've been not going in hardly at all lately. I already told my crew that after tonight, my going away party throw by some of my employees, I'm not going back. When we stopped by before going for all you can eat wings the other day there were no regulars at the bar.

Linda said...

Daniel called me about 2 minutes after I posted this last night to tell me how miserable of an evening they were having there. This has been building for a while...

Bruceleeroy said...

He said it was pretty ridiculous, after tonight we probably won't go back. If it wasn't for my employee's doing this little party I wouldn't go tonight. At least Jerry will be there, I hope.

j said...

nuh-uh!