Wednesday, May 11, 2005

"Evacuating the Capitol: My Real-Life Tale"

Reading this recap about this morning's evacuation in DC hit a little close to home. It reminded me of an evacuation I went through a few years ago, when I took the stairs down to the first floor of our DC office building and was headed across the lobby to the parking garage to continue the downstairs climb, per the emergency instructions, and decided instead to go outside and see what was going on. I figured it was a better choice than the possibility of being trapped three stories underground (that, and I'd have a better view).

1 comment:

Laura Creekmore said...

I have thought back on that day many times and have still never decided whether it would have been better to be trapped in the garage or wandering around outside had something happened near us. Thank goodness we didn't find out.

My heart always takes a leap when I see news like yesterday's. Crazy world we live in.