Monday, May 16, 2005

New Orleans: A minimalistic review

To protect the innocent, some details have been omitted. Let it be known a good time was had by all.

We ate at these places (btw, the crispy crawfish tails at Pierre Maspero's are awesome).

We drank at these:
Razzoo Bar & Patio
Famous Door
Utopia
The Alibi (a great dive bar right by our hotel - I had to go back a second time for more spinach artichoke dip).
Margaritaville (go to the tire swing bar - we went twice).
Howl at the Moon

And don't tell anyone, but we might have stopped in here (warning - potentially NSFW).

8 comments:

Julie said...

Wasn't there a wedding or something going on, too?

I want to go to Margaritaville and never come back! Jimmy is awesome.

Linda said...

Yeah - my cousin's wedding was over the weekend in Baton Rouge. And I spent all day Saturday and Sunday by the pool at my aunt & uncle's place. I'm still confident my lobster-like skin will turn brown soon...

Anonymous said...

I gotta be more careful about clicking on any ole link in people's posts. The Corner Post, indeed! And I'm at the library of all places.

Glad you had a good time. And welcome back.

Mike

Linda said...

oops - maybe I should mark that link... sorry!

MS said...

Pictures?

Anonymous said...

I'm just teasing you. It was quite a surprise though. If the librarians or pc techs at the library do any snooping, I hope they enjoyed the treat.

Speaking of saucy librarians...I wonder if she's in this branch. ;-)

Welcome back Linda and tell Julie we're (I'm?) waiting for her blog debut.

Mike

peach said...

damn, can i join you guys next year????

Anonymous said...

Only Peach, only,
if you leave those 'hats' of your at home....