Thursday, May 19, 2005

The real New Orleans Review

Apologies for my lame wrap-up of the NO trip. I didn't really think anyone cared, but apparently, that's not the case.

SO. What else?

Here we are on our first night in town (for newbies, I'm in the middle) - at Razzoo's, our first stop post-dinner (yes, they DO serve food there).


Razzoo's is fun in that "I'm out on Bourbon Street partying like a rock star" kind of way. The first time I went there (a few years ago), we arrived at happy hour (after spending the entire afternoon at Tropical Isle) and enjoyed 3 for 1 drink specials. This trip, we got in late in the evening and got to hang out with the people who had already been out all day and experience what we must have been like that first year.

I decided on Thursday (day two) to get my hair cut. Part of my sister's motivation for going to the Big Easy before heading to our cousin's wedding was to visit her hairdresser of many years, who recently relocated from Nashville to New Orleans. He did such a fabulous job on her coiffure, I was inspired to let him have his way with mine. Picture? Umm, nope, not yet. But the new 'do is not as long, with layers, and as a result, more than a little curly. Enhanced by the fact that I've stopped blow-drying and brushing it out... for now.

We hit a few shops in the Quarter and the French Market on Friday, then moved on to true mall shopping... Not my favorite part of the trip, but I did add a new little black dress and a few summer tops to my wardrobe in the process.

Friday evening, it was on to Baton Rouge, where we got to my cousin's rehearsal dinner just in time to get back in the car and head to my aunt and uncle's house, where we hung out on the patio for a couple of hours, slept a few hours, and reconvened on the patio for coffee in the morning.

My entire day Saturday was spent lying by the pool, on a raft in the pool, or on the patio, enjoying a lot of great food. A quick trip to the church for the wedding that evening, on to the reception, then out for a couple of drinks with my cousin (sister of the groom) & her boyfriend before calling it a night. Sunday was day two poolside, until it was time to head to the airport and come back, a little tired, a little sundrenched, and a lot happy to be home.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the cowboy didn't join you?

M'liss said...

I have no idea who this "cowboy" is that y'all are referring to, but I'm guessing he's part of the reason you were happy to get home from your Louisiana trip. I'm just a little surprised that you were so adament that you, as a fish, didn't have a need for a bicycle a few weeks (months?) ago and you obviously have a bicycle now.

Linda said...

Yes, back then, I had no desire for a bicycle. But yes, I have one now and wouldn't trade him for the world.

Sam said...

Lucky guy.

Anonymous said...

who is the cowboy? Do tell, quit leaving us hangin!!!

Linda said...

I figure of all people, you would know, "anon"... :)

MS said...

Thanks for sparing us the poolside pictures... ;o)

Anonymous said...

Cmon, Linda, tell us, what are you hiding???

Chez Bez said...

You get the weirdest comments.

Anonymous said...

Michael,

are you mad because you dont get any?

Chez Bez said...

Anon,

That question just hurts (no matter how I interpret it). LOL