Friday, May 20, 2005

That was weird...

So, every few weeks, we have a training class where new field sales reps come in to town and go through "Sales 101". One of the last parts of the class is a tour of our offices.

So I'm sitting here minding my own business, and I hear the woman directing the tour say, "And here we are at Miss Linda's work place. I know we've all been looking forward to this."

uhh...

Excuse me?

So I stand up and this guy comes around the corner and says hello and his name is...

get this...

Joe Waskiewicz (that's pronounced "double-you", btw).

No, not my brother. A different Joe DblU.

No, we're not related.

I think the training class was anticipating some kind of reunion of sorts.

Nothing to see here folks, move along...

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Very weird. I've never met anyone with my last name (including family members), so I would think that must've been odd.

Chez Bez said...

"Miss Linda's workplace"? That's my pet peeve. To be called "Mr. Mike" at work. As in, "Mr. Mike will be glad to help you with that", as they gesture my way. Maybe I'm weird, but just call me Mike. I think I totally missed the point of your blog, but apparently I have my rants. lol

Linda said...

It's a peeve of mine as well, and definitely a southern thing. I had never experienced it until I moved here.

What bothers me even more is when people refer to married women as "Miss [enter first name here]", although "Mrs. [first name]" would probably irritate me even more!

ufos8mycat said...

I used to be married to this woman... http://d2.anthony.anthamatten.com/journal/entry.asp?id=33

Raymond said...

Used to be married to whom??

Chez Bez said...

That's a beautiful entry Anthony. I'm enjoying your current blog too. There was so much wisdom and humanity to All In The Family.
TV really can be good for us sometimes.