Friday, July 15, 2005

How's this for random?

I used to think it would be a good idea to have myself cloned at work so one of me could deal with the phone calls and emails and meetings and the other one could get my work done. I now realize that the need for real-time synchronization of data makes this practically impossible.

-----

I think I saw John Locke working at the Donelson Kmart.

-----

Whoever came up with the "mean people suck" bumper sticker had a good point.

-----

If you walk/run/rollerblade/bike the City of Brentwood's Trail System, don't use the blue trail. Especially if it has rained recently. Of course, the gate they've built across the entrance would probably be enough warning for most people.

-----

My vacation starts in 9 hours...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I figured out the cowboy charade that's been going on. So you're Linda and you're a self-proclaimed IT geek and you're about to leave on vacation.

I just heard Big Joe talking to Brad Schmidt on the radio this morning about his girlfriend, Linda, who works in IT and they're going on vacation.

So???

A. Trebek said...

Uh oh LInda, the world wants to know!!

Linda said...

Mr. Trebek,

I hardly think one anonymous person qualifies as the world.

Lindasis said...

I take it you had an interesting walk last night?

Have a great time on vacation. At least by non being cloned, one of you won't need to stay behind at the office. I'm sure that will be nice to put behind you for 7-10 days!

Linda said...

No - we stuck to the red trail last night. The adventure walk was the night before. It looks like they're repaving/rerouting the trail and there's a big area surrounded by lights that appears to be some sort of football or soccer or something field.

And you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to a full week away from work... It's been over a year and a half since I've done this.

peach said...

go and have fun and leave all the work crap behind. it will still be waiting for you when you get back;) you and your guy just have a fantastic time and get some sun for me!!!! :)

A.Trebek said...

Linda,

When talking to me, please phrase it in the form of a question.

Thanks
Alex

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute...

Cowboy?

Doesn't Kid Rock want to be a Cowboy?

Isn't he moving to Nashville RIGHT NOW?

Michael said...

Linda,

Have a great vacation...enjoy the time away from work! And make sure to take some good pictures on your new camera phone to share with us poor people who have to stay here and work...:)

Michael