Monday, July 11, 2005

Oh yeah, and it makes calls too...

So, after agonizing over whether or not I should leave my mobile phone service provider of over 6 years just to get this phone, I decided it wasn't worth it. Even though the price of that gorgeous gadget dropped from ridiculous to reasonable, and I reached the end of my most recent service contract a couple of months ago and could have easily transferred my number to one of the 2 providers that offer it, I couldn't do it. The practical side of me kicked in (The last time that happened, I left my house determined to return with my first-ever brand new car, and returned with a 5 year-old Honda with less than 30,000 miles on it). So, I went ahead and took advantage of the free phone I'm entitled to every 2 years. Of course, I had to pay $50 for the phone, but will get that back once they process my rebate, and I had to pay an additional $50 for the "essential" accessories, so "free" is a relative term.

Anyway, unlike my old phone, this one has a camera. And as you can see, I'm happy. Well, not necessarily happy with the phone, just happy in general. Although, with the exception of the minor detail that the leather case just so happens to get in the way of the lens (See that black semi-circle-ish blob with white and red marks in the lower right? That's the lining of the case.), the things I'm not so happy with the phone should go away once I've gotten through the "new phone" learning curve...

15 comments:

Chez Bez said...

What phone is that? I'm thinking it might be time that I join the crowd and get a camera phone.

If I get the job I am currently coveting, I'll be all over the country and it'd be nice to document my travels.

Chris Wage said...

If you have any kind of loyalty to any wireless provider you are totally doing something wrong.

cowboy fan said...

You mean to tell me that is the Cowboy's girlfriend??

Boy is he one lucky dude..

it is good to be the cowboy!!

Linda said...

It's an LG VX6100. There was a different LG phone that took video as well as still pictures, but I thought that was a little much. The camera is more of a gimmick than anything.

And I have had no problems with Verizon in all the time I've been a customer. I even walked away this weekend with a lower-priced plan!

Dr. Neil Clark Warren said...

Linda,

You are gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous...Were you on E-Harmony?

Peaches and Herb said...

Cowboy and the lady,

new duet, coming soon, I hope

Linda said...

Umm... Yeah. Have you ever heard me sing?

Neil D. said...

Linda,

You dont bring me flowers, anymore!!

B.gibb said...

Islands in the stream, that is what we are, no one in between, how can we be wrong???

J. Iglesias said...

You were always on my mind, you were always on my mind....

B. Michaels said...

Every rose has its thorn, just like every nite has its dawwwwwnnnnnnn...

Patrick O. said...

Linda,

You bought a LG VX6100, are you out of your mind!!?? It is a good phone but the vx chip is only capable of storing or carrying about 16 gigs and that is horrible for a phone that is technically advanced like that.....
You should have gotten the Ericson powered S-X chip with, get this, 24 gigs with an ampere rating of 5, it does not get any better than that..a little pricey but an awesome phone..
or a sleek downed Nokia IK-band 19 which has, get this, Soviet technology which is cutting edge..
So lots of choices, you just have to find what is right for you.....

great blog by the way, for us tech geeks...
oh by the way, the cowboy rules!!

Amos and Andy said...

Great post, but get the new Ericcson MN-8, great phone and great service....

peach said...

hey girl,

congrats on the new phone and btw, cute photo. you do look happy and i am happy for you!!! :)

Michael said...

Love the photo...great smile. Have a great one!