Monday, January 02, 2006

Adventures in moving...

Day 5 in the new house and still surrounded by boxes. It's amazing how unpacking drops off the urgency list once the basic needs are met. Not to mention that everything left to unpack seems to require the purchase of a new storage device of some sort. Luckily, yesterday's sales ads center on the "get organized" theme, and I plan on getting together a list of measurements for various bins, shelves, and cabinets some time today.

As many of you are aware, my husband has a flair for entertaining. This isn't limited to his professional life, and was more than obvious as I unpacked the kitchen last week. The boxes I packed were labeled with such descriptions as "kitchen - serving dishes" and "kitchen - baskets and tins". You know - keep it descriptive so I know what's in each box and can unpack what I need when I need it.

Not so for the ones my better half lovingly packed - some of his more colorful labels included:
  • Kitchen - knick knack crap
  • Yet another kitchen box - kitchen
  • Spices, coffee, assorted crap - kitchen
  • Spices "Part 2" starring Wesley Snipes & John Goodman - kitchen
  • Kitchen - odds & more odds
  • Extremely fragile - kitchen (really it is)
  • Linda's 1,000+ coffee cups (and other b.s.) - kitchen
Luckily, there was no crap to be found and the 1,000+ coffee cups somehow turned into about a dozen, further reduced to 8 as I unpacked into both the cabinets and boxes for a future garage sale. If you need knick knacks, odds, and more odds, let me know & I'll cut you a deal...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny.

Is it safe to say the 27 1/2 pounds he said he has gained since fall can be attributed to your cooking???

Lesley said...

What's not quite as funny, but still entertaining is when you pay movers to pack your stuff and they have no idea what your stuff is. Their best guesses (and creative spellings) are always amusing.

I wish I could think of an example, but I'm getting paid today to think about other stuff.

Linda said...

I can only imagine...

I was actually impressed with my movers - they correctly identified my pie safe, and didn't call it "that cabinet thing"...

Harvey said...

Your husband is a complete riot and those labels are hilarious...it must be comedy central at your house all the time....