Sunday, January 08, 2006

Artery-clogging goodness

In the past 3 weeks, I've been to Target more times than in all of 2005. No joke.

There's just so much STUFF there that we need. Not to mention it's the 2nd closest decent store to the new house (#1 is Ace Hardware, in case you're curious - hello Helpful Hardware Club!)

What surprised me was when I realized I have been to the Tar-jhay a bajillion times and have burned through all of the gift cards from our wedding/Christmas/moving presents, and I never picked up one of these things that everyone seems to need or own.

Then I remembered back to the old days, when the only technical gizmo we had to rely on in the kitchen was a microwave (don't stand in front of it when it's on - the radiation may get you!), and I had to improvise.

So, improvise once again I did. And the results were spectacular, if you ask me. If I weren't such a slug and had actually opened the box that contains the new digital camera we got for Christmas, I would have photo evidence.

All you need is a toaster, microwave, a small microwaveable bowl, paper towels or wax paper to prevent splattering inside the nuke box, eggs, muffin or bread, butter, cheese and ham (or the smoked meat product of your choice). And an appetite. And, less than 5 minutes.

Let me know if you want the specifics - I'll sell you my secret recipe for a fraction of the price of the destined to collect dust once the novelty wears off gadget...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

showoff

:)