Monday, February 06, 2006

Again, I don't know about "super"...

So, yesterday was the big game. Oh wait, not that game, I was the only spectator to get to see that...

This game.

And, even though my first choice would have been to make a big pot of chili and other snacks and invite a few people over, we ended up watching the game here with some friends. And more than a few obnoxiously drunk Steelers fans (although I'd be willing to put money on the fact that they would have been obnoxious if they had been sober).

And the game... was all right. It was the first time in years I didn't walk away with a pocket full of cash from either squares or side bets. Then again, it was the first game in years where I didn't buy any squares or make any side bets. Maybe that should be a lesson...

And the ads.

If you missed them yesterday, you're going to have to go to the above link and find them yourself, 'cause I'm not spending any more time figuring out why my links aren't working...

FedEx was great, but only because the guy kicked the little dinosaur.

I know, I'm a little warped.

And the baby clydesdale spot for Budweiser had the "awwwww..." factor going on. It may have even brought a tear to my eye, but I swear it's those pregnancy hormones. I'm not about to go soft.

And the rest? Oh yeah, the Bud Light revolving refrigerator was good for a laugh. And the H3 little monster one was horrible, although I was told since I remember it, it was successful.

Horrible, yet successful. Kind of sums up the game.

5 comments:

Ad Guru said...

Yes, the monster one was terrible, but I remember it very well, for the Hummer 3. Smart man who told you that...

Anonymous said...

How about that creepy Burger King ad where the girls all pile on to make the burger?

And please tell me the ones dressed in the white droplet costumes were mayo...

Diane said...

I thought the Budweiser "streaker" spot was hilarious!

lindasis said...

I missed the end of the Fed Ex commercial...actually I missed most of the commercials as I was 'doing stuff' around the house and just looked up if something caught my attention, or if I was taking a break and actually watched a few. ...but back to the Fed Ex one. I turned away after the boss said 'too bad' - or something similar - and missed the guy kick the baby dinosaur, but according to a coworker who also liked that one, you forgot to mention that he then gets stomped on by a big dinosaur. Guess it's true that karma's a *itch!

I also like the one where the guy was getting dumped for being immature and pulled up the song on his phone...."If you leave...."

Smed said...

The Fed Ex ad was my favorite as well. My chili was all consumed, sigh, Liz ate the rest here in teh house, and now I have no leftovers. (Though I did have 3 bowls on Sunday, but still, dangit!)

But I realized, it's always good to marry someone who loves your chili.