Thursday, February 09, 2006

Because I got nothin' right now...

Four jobs I’ve had:

1. Wedding planner
2. Waitress
3. Telemarketer (don't laugh - I made a killing)
4. IT geek

Four movies I can watch over and over:

1. The Princess Bride
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. Bull Durham
4. Monsters, Inc.

Four places I’ve lived:

1. Dover, Delaware
2. Indianapolis/Bloomington, Indiana
3. Lake Tranquility, New Jersey
4. here

Four TV shows I love watch:

1. MI-5
2. Monk
3. Iron Chef (the real one)
4. Good Eats

Four places I’ve vacationed:

1. Belize (ok, it was a stop on a cruise, but still my favorite...)
2. San Francisco and Sonoma County, California
3. Key West, Florida
4. Denver, Colorado

Four of my favorite dishes:

1. Maryland crabcakes
2. Mushroom Ravioli from Yellow Porch
3. Strawberry Fields salad
4. Gatekeeper shiraz (wine does too count as a "dish")

Four sites I visit daily:

1. Gmail
2. Google/Google News/Google Maps
3. IU hoops
4. Work VPN/Intranet

Four places I would rather be right now:

Any place with a white sand beach, the hot sun, and absolutley no wireless connectivity.

6 comments:

Chez Bez said...

You made a killing as a telemarketer? I'm tired of being broke and I'm ready to make a killing.

But there's some vague Bob Dylan line that I recall about how how one cannot afford to buy back one's soul. Am I really blaming Dylan for my inability to make lots of money? I'll blame anyone.

Linda said...

Yeah, I didn't mention the soul-sucking part of that job.

That and the perverts who would tell me to "just keep talking"...

Smed said...

And you were a darn fine waitress at that! I wish there was a Steak and Shake here in C'ville. Sigh.

Linda said...

There's one within 10 minutes of my house. I don't get there near enough...

When the first S&S opened in this area (sometime in the mid to late 90s), my mom and I drove over 30 miles to a truck stop just for steakburgers. Worth every mile...

Lesley said...

Strawberry Fields salad, huh?

Yeah, me, too. I've tried to make it at home and it's close, but not quite the same. Food always tastes better when I don't have to make it anyway.

Linda said...

There's another one in town - I'd say just as good, but different, with a balsalmic dressing. I think the fact that I had one (the original one) for dinner last night may have influenced me to add it to the list.

And I brought home a piece of carrot cake that I had for breakfast this morning.

Yum.