Friday, February 24, 2006

Because, unlike him, I'm not fascinated by Animal Planet

I spent most of the day yesterday at the doctor. They stuck needles in me to take blood out, they stuck needles in me to inject me with stuff, and they used a very expensive ultrasound machine to show us our kid already has a head full of hair. Well, I'm sure the technician got more out of it than that (or at least I hope she did).

Anyway, sorry to bore you with baby stuff. That wasn't my point.

Did I even have a point?

Oh yeah. Doctor.

So the result of my all day doctor/lab appointments is that the "limited" bed rest I'm on isn't enough anymore. After some negotiations with my boss, I'm spending the next two weeks wrapping up the three most critical things I have going on (mostly from home), and then I'm gone until August.

So, let me know if there's a book out there I need to read or a DVD I should rent, because me and this guy are going to be spending a lot of time doing a lot of nothing.

...for the last time in a long while.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or is that cat flipping you the bird? He doesn't look amused...

Linda said...

That would be his "Oh crap, you caught me napping on my sister's pink bed" look. I ruined the "tough guy" image, then documented it.

jag said...

If you aren't a member of Netflix already, it could be a good choice. They have just about every tv show ever released on DVD, so rather than just two hours of a movie, you can get 3-6 episodes of a show on a disc, and then follow it up with the next, and the next and the next.

I've already rented CSI, Cosby Show, Arrested Development & Twin Peaks, and they have a ton more I don't have time to get to. I wonder if I could go on bed rest?

Rachel said...

Linda,
I'll second the Netflix recommendation. As for books, maybe you could start a series you haven't read yet, like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or The Wheel of Time (12 books, if you like fantasy - although I didn't until I read this and LOTR).

Star said...

Enjoy yhr down time. There will be none after the baby arrives.oh, and you can blog a lot.

Smed said...

There's the entire set of Monty Python's Flying Circus that's out. That'll kill some time. Oh, and you can really work on your Russian novels. War & Peace, The Brothers Karamazov, Anna Karenina.

Muffy said...

Harry Potter!!!!!!

The books.

not the movies. Until AFTER you read the books anyway.

Linda said...

Unfortunately, I tried to tackle the Harry Potter books after I had seen the first three movies, and I just couldn't get through the first couple of chapters... And the closest I'll get to revisiting the Russian greats is an attempt to finish the last fifth of The Bear and the Dragon.

My plan is to exhaust all of the possibilities at the library, then move on to rentals...

Anonymous said...

I don't know anyone who has read OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon that hasn't liked it...and what's nice about coming late to the party is that she's just finished the 6th book in the series...so if you do like it you've got 6 -- 900+ page books that WILL keep you turning those pages! A good friend who is also pregnant...her husband is in Iraq...has LOVED reading them.

Lindasis said...

I'd offer some books and movies I have, but I don't want the book/ movie snob coming out in you and I know we have entirely different entertainment ideas!!