Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Poor Lillie...

Remember Lillie (try here, here, and here, if you don't)?

Lillie's been staying with my mom since JJ was born. She has her doggie aunt Daisy to play with in the fenced-in back yard, all of Daisy's toys (and cow hooves - yum!) to steal away and two kids next door who come by when mom's at work to play with her. It's like Club Med for puppies.

Mom came over Sunday, and brought Lillie to visit. She has grown so much! I didn't take any photos, because her right eye was red and puffy and she just looked pathetic. Mom apologized and said she must have scratched it and she would get her to the vet to check it out. She was due for her 11 weeks shots this week anyway, so they went yesterday and took care of the eye, the shots, heartworm treatment, and flea stuff (so there ain't no bugs on her).

Although I threatened to pull mom's babysitting privileges (both canine and grandson), turns out she wasn't negligent. It's a congenital thing and surgery is needed (the vet "popped it back in" yesterday, but it's already "popped back out"). Mom has offered to make another vet appointment and get the eye taken care of and get Lillie spayed at the same time (it's like getting a 2 for 1 on the anesthesia).

Here's my dilemma:

I miss our little girl so much. Mom was going to bring her back to us Friday evening, and if we go ahead and get her fixed (pun intended), we won't see her again until next week.

It's not like we wouldn't take her to our vet next week and get both taken care of, but it would mean we wouldn't have to worry about getting her there and back and tend to JJ.

We miss her very much. I had noticed that she looked like she had a lazy eye, but now I know it was more than that... Poor puppy!

5 comments:

Lindasis said...

Actually you can see her Sunday, unless you don't plan on spending Mother's Day with mom. I know that would still be 2 days without her, but it may be some consolation, huh?

Linda said...

If we were to do the surgery, she'd be at the vet over the weekend.

JJ wanted to send me to Puerto Rico for a day on the beach for Mother's Day, but since I already told mom we'd go to Spring Hill, I had to say thanks but no.

Lindasis said...

I'm glad JJ's able to communicate so well for just being 10 days old! Do you have his MENSA test scheduled yet?

Sorry 'bout the puppy visit, I thought he wouldn't go in until Monday....

Muffy said...

You see why I wish they could talk?!?!?!!?

Anonymous said...

Maybe JJ won't be like mom and dad.. alcoholics.