Monday, July 31, 2006

Breaking up isn't that hard to do...

I've mentioned before that my love affair with Food Network has seen better days.

I can't say I've watched a single show in the past month.

And I can't say I've missed it.

One of the few remaining shows that I can stomach (get it - stomach... food...?) is Alton Brown's Good Eats.

Which is why I was excited when I heard about his new show. So Saturday evening, JJ and I snuggled up with Alton, only to be extremely disappointed. Sure, it's a cool concept, but the whole narrating while riding his motorcycle thing doesn't really work - his attempt to yell above the sound of the engine just didn't cut it, not to mention the whole "hit and miss" method of selecting the next destination made for some boring tv. While I applaud the effort, it hasn't won back any of my affection. We didn't make it to the half-hour mark before giving up and spending some time with the Little Engine that Could (thanks Books from Birth!).