Monday, July 17, 2006

Clean Slate

Before I left work in March, I wrapped up my piece of the projects I was working on or handed them off to a new hire in our department. I also removed myself from the day-to-day "production" issues related to our web site.

I am neither reclaiming my old projects nor reinserting myself into the web process, which lets me start with a clean slate. Not something that happens too often when one has been at the same company going on 6 years.

I am, however, holding on to 6 years of digital and hard copy files, "just in case".

But for now, it's refreshing to only have 2 open project files and an empty "Working Items" file (where my non-project-related stuff goes). I think I'll enjoy it while it lasts. :)

1 comment:

Lindasis said...

I'm glad to hear the first day back wasn't as horrible as you were dreading. (Not necessarily because of the job, but the circumstances of putting JJ in 'jail', did you call it?)