Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What I've learned from JJ Dubin:


There is absolutely nothing about work that is more important than my family. However, the paycheck is nice.

Staying in bed until at least 8:30 every morning is highly enjoyable.

Spend at least the first 15 minutes you are awake stretching. Go ahead and add sound effects while you're at it (I hope to document this one on video soon; he's like a little bear).

Find wonder in every little detail around you.

There is nothing so empty as my house without that little guy in it. Going home for lunch when he is at the babysitter's is painful, to say the least. My apologies to my husband, dog & cat, who were all with me, but I think they missed him too.

Side note: Too bad the kid looks NOTHING like his daddy, eh? Put a goatee on that kid and they're twins...

10 comments:

Christina said...

I read your blog often but this will be the first time commenting.

Rethink the whole stay-at-home Mom role. It is hard work and you will put in many more hours with absolutely no paycheck! J.J. will thank you when he is old enough to understand your sacrifice!

By reading Joe's comment, it sounds like he's for it too.

Linda said...

If things work out, I would love nothing more than to spend every day at home with JJ! He changes every day and I hate to miss a minute of time with him...

Pe Pa said...

He looks like his mom, nuff said! He looks exactly like his mom, nuff said!

Christina said...

Put a goatee on that kid and they're twins...


http://web.infoave.net/~TNCM/morphedjj.jpg

Hope this made you chuckle!

Linda said...

Thanks for the laugh, Christina - although that's a little disturbing! Let's hope he doesn't grow any facial hair of his own for quite sme time...

Smed said...

If you can swing it - stay home or work from home. Yeah, we took a hit when Liz stayed at home but she's a lot happier now!

Laura Creekmore said...

OK I thought he looked like Joe BEFORE I saw the morphed photo. Now I'm just totally creeped out.

What a sweet, beautiful boy. (You can definitely still get away with "beautiful" for several more months.)

Christina said...

It reminded me of the "Little Man" movie where he is in the bathroom shaving. LOL Yes, I thought it was creepy, disturbing and laughable all at the same time.

Linda said...

At least Joe finally sees that JJ looks like him! :)

BBLogan said...

Eeeewwww.
That pic just weirded me out.
Not just the facial hair... but also the man smile on JJ. It's just freaky.