Friday, September 01, 2006

I am a lucky girl.

Seriously. My husband helps out around the house like you wouldn't believe...

Sweeping the floors, doing laundry, emptying the trash/recycle bin/diaper genie/litter box, refilling the Crystal Light when I drink it all, getting the paper, yard work, wrestling with Lillie Biscuit to tire her out, emptying the dishwasher, getting JJ to and from the babysitter 70% of the time, gathering the clothes Zitty drags all over the house, taking Lillie out, running to the bank, dropping off and picking up the dry cleaning, letting Lillie in, changing JJ, picking up dinner when I'm too tired to cook...

And I try to remember to thank him as much as I can. But when I do, he shrugs and says he doesn't do anything.

Well, after trying to do it all for the past day and a half, I can definitely say, yes, he does do something, because doing it all sucks.

3 comments:

Muffy said...

awwww!!! That's so sweet. I wish Caruthers bothered to do what i do when I'm gone so he sees what I do do...

Yeah I said it.

Christina said...

My husband of 14 years can't even say houswork without a cringe and errands done by himself drive him batty.

You are one lucky pair. :)

SistaSmiff said...

I'm going to show this to my husband so he can't use the "work a lot, travel a lot" excuse.

That's really amazing. You are blessed.