Thursday, September 28, 2006

I really think JJ's first words will be "No Lillie!"

Apparently, Lillie Biscuit's "smart puppy" food (at Joe's request, I looked, but they don't make "dumb puppy" food) hasn't been providing enough fiber for her diet. So, she's been taking fiber supplements. In the form of our rugs...

Maybe we should have seen it coming, as she showed a fondness for the kitchen rug at a young age.

See that (mainly blue) rag rug in that picture (you have to click the link to see the picture)? It's gone. History.

Last Thursday, she shredded it. The entire rug. Shredded it and balled it up in the middle of the kitchen floor. I didn't get a picture, but it was laid to rest in the trash bin and collected last Friday morning.

Here's the (mostly red) replacement:
She obviously didn't get quite enough fiber, because she then nibbled on the pink flowered rug at the foot of Hannah Bear's bed:
She quickly moved on, and chewed a hole through the braided chenille rug at the front door:
And when I ventured downstairs (to throw the muddy-paw-print-covered comforter in the washing machine), I found this little rug that used to sit at the door to the garage:
"OK, Lillie - time to go outside!", where I found the mat that used to live on the covered deck, mangled in the side yard:
We can only hope that this phase is over, because all we have left (other than the new kitchen rug) are the mats in our bathrooms, two navy blue area rugs, and our family room wall-to-wall carpeting. And despite the word "pet" being smack dab in the middle of "carpeting", it's not for her.

7 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, that's ALOT of fiber! :)

Hopefully Lillie's carpet chewing won't last. But if it does....Perhaps buying stock in a carpet manufacturing company is in your future?

Lindasis said...

Toooo funny! I can't stop laughing. Now on top of everything else my stomach muscle now hurt, too. As if I needed another sore muscle.

Thanks!

Linda said...

I don't see what you're laughing at...

And you can add "rugs" to our Christmas list.

Lindasis said...

What am I laughing at? Well, maybe that your dog has chewed sooo many different rugs....and this last statement...

"And despite the word "pet" being smack dab in the middle of "carpeting", it's not for her."

Plus I checked this during Grey's Anatomy which had be laughing out loud for so much of that show too....so I guess it was also the mood I was in.

I'll start looking for sales on rugs for you.

Linda said...

She's already gone back for seconds on the one at the front door. And I really liked that one - I was going to get a matching one for the hallway between our bedroom and the nursery.

And it's not like she doesn't have enough toys and rawhides and other stuff to chew on!

Lesley said...

I think you spoke too soon about your wall-to-wall. Eddie has a fondness for carpet, too. After I had him de-clawed (which I hate) because he kept digging at the carpet, he started pulling it up with his teeth.

Which is why I have hardwood floors. But I have berber carpet in one room. You can't glue berber back together and patch it like pile, unfortunately.

At least he doesn't chew shoes...

Linda said...

YET

She doesn't chew shoes yet...