Wednesday, November 29, 2006

But I only have 27 left...

They announced our 2007 holiday schedule at work today and they took away President's Day. In return, we get both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as holidays (we usually only get Christmas Day), presumably since Christmas is on a Tuesday and that allows for everyone to have a four-day weekend.

But... that also means no "free" time off between Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Memorial Day. Wouldn't it make more sense to take away MLK Day and let us have New Year's Day in January and President's Day in February? It's still a 3-month span with no long weekends, but that's what sick days are for, right? :)

6 comments:

Erin said...

I hate that long stretch with no holidays. Makes me want to cry every year.

Ginger said...

We don't get anything between New Years and Memorial Day...hospitals never close...

Christina said...

You can always become a "stay at home Mom" where EVERY DAY is a holiday! ;-)

Linda said...

Staying at home is my dream job... Unfortunately, I can't convince anyone to pay me to do it! :)

Susan said...

You have 27 sick days LEFT? That's more than I get vacation and sick days combined!

Lindasis said...

If you think you're getting sympathy from me, think again. (But I guess by now you should know better!!)

Like Ginger, I have no holidays between New Year's Day and Memorial Day, either. Plus no day after T-Day, no New Year's Eve....and they took away the holiday parties and cashews 2 or 3 years ago....but I guess I can count my blessings that I still get a paycheck, and great medical benefits, and so far - annual raises!

Our sick time isn't given in a number - just a reasonable amount as needed...and do you believe I haven't taken one all year? What am I thinking????