Thursday, November 09, 2006

Odds and ends...

Bailey (Lillie's birth mother) survived her Halloween binge. My guess is she purged shortly after we found her face first in our candy bowl. Her owners said she was "just fine" when she returned home that evening.

J.J. has moved on to veggies - carrots (but no colorful side effects that I've seen) and green beans have both been received with enthusiasm (although not quite as much as the first meal generated). Now, I'm feeling guilty about feeding him store bought food and am planning on making (and freezing) some home-made goodies this weekend.

I haven't had a decent hair cut since that one I got in New Orleans. Since flying to the Big Easy and back on a Saturday is not feasible (although, it IS tempting), I need to find someone here in Nashville. Someone who will look at my hair type and texture and know how it should be cut for a low (no) maintenance 'do. Any recommendations?

I tried to add some folks to my "who I'm reading" list and change my RSS feed link to my FeedBurner one, and apparently, I have to upgrade my template (and lose all of my customization) before I can. I'd say that's not likely to happen before this calendar year is over.

I just have to get through Friday and it's three day weekend time for me... Of course, half of Monday will be spent at the pediatrician for J.J.'s 6 month check up and shots (and then a couple more hours visiting his Grandma at work). Any guesses on weight? According to the home scale, we hit the 20 pound mark a couple of weeks ago, if you need a starting point.

My husband thinks this is the funniest thing on earth. Me, not so much. But, this one is funny.

7 comments:

CHEZ BEZ said...

I know a guy. He's too expensive for me, but he's fantastic. Next to Mirror on 12th is a salon called Trim.

A few beers down and I can't recall his name, but my best cuts have been by him.

Be well.

Lesley said...

I still drive to Memphis to get my haircut (if I didn't, my mom and my friends would never see me, I think). I've been going to my guy for 11 years.

I've heard that hair services here are expensive. I just can't fathom paying $75-80 for a haircut!

Linda said...

Yeah - I should have clarified, I'm not comfortable letting go of more than $40 for a haircut - and it's ok if that doesn't include styling. I'm anti blow dry, anyway. My last stylist (of 8 years) was actually in the "less than $30" market, but I couldn't deal with his habit of making crude remarks any more.

peach said...

I highly recommend my stylist from years past. She's the only person that can make sense of my wacky hair that is half curly and half straight. Yogi's place is on Murphy Rd. Your hair should be a breeze for her. She's still trying to repair mine from a botched cut I got in the Spring from someone else. Good luck!!

jag said...

I found Heather at Bishop's Salon in Bellevue - she's relatively new, so she only charges about $35 (maybe less, I think), and she's awesome. A bonus is that Bishop's is a full service salon, and they use all Aveda products, so you get your wash, scalp massage, cut & style for that one price. She's the first person in 6 years that could make any sense of my weird 1/3 straight, 1/3 wannabe wavy, 1/3 frizzy hair. They're on Belle Forest Circle 37221 if you look them up.

Anonymous said...

Salon YaYa is in the building on the corner of 21st and Blair (across from harris teeter). It's a small place, but they're really good. I believe Ashley there should be under the $40 price range for a cut/no color. I go to someone else there who isn't in the $40 range, but a friend uses Ashley and really likes her a lot. Ask the price first if you call though, cause my friend gets color too, so I'm not sure of the exact price for cut only. Hope I helped!

Linda said...

Thanks for the suggestions - I have some calls to make. And Jag, I think we have the same hair!