6 weird things about me:
- I do not like to use the microwave. I have no idea why. This means I will take 20 minutes to heat up the oven and 60 more to "bake" a pot pie that, according to the instructions, will be perfectly delicious if I nuked it for 5. Same thing for leftovers - I dump it in a pan and heat it on the stove. Need hot water? That's what the teapot is for. This drives my husband nuts, so if I'm heating something up for him, I'll use the microwave.
- If I hear the first line of "I'm Sailing Away", I have to sing the entire song. No wait, that's not me; that's Eric Cartman.
- I'd rather do without than "make do". None of this "Well, it's not really want I want, but I guess it will work for now" crap for me. Hence the fact that our living room is "furnished" with a piano and a (sadly, mostly empty) wine rack. Until I find the "perfect" furniture (and the even more perfect no interest financing), the bear has a wonderfully empty room to perform her gymnastics in. And no, I have no idea what this perfect furniture looks like, but I do know I haven't seen it in the Haverty's ads yet.
- I don't like chocolate.
- I cannot stand for things to be "undone". Unmade beds, open cabinets, you get the idea. We have two conference rooms at work that have screens mounted on the walls so you can use a projector in meetings and they are ALWAYS left down. When I enter one of these rooms for a meeting, I go over to the switch and raise the screen before I sit down. Even if there are already 14 other people in the room. I've stopped apologizing for it.
- I cannot "have a taste" of someone else's food. Even if they haven't taken a bite yet. However, I'm more than happy to let someone else try whatever I'm having.