Friday, January 05, 2007

Big Friday night

So, I'm about halfway through going through all of my posts and adding tags (I'm not one of those people who says, "Cool - tags - I'll add them from now on." - I'm a retro fitter, but that shouldn't surprise anyone. Oh, and I know tags were available quite a while ago, but I had to think about what tags I needed and map them out first. Again, no surprise, right?) and I'm actually enjoying it.

Here's what I'm doing (Hey honey, go here):

I browsed through my previous posts and came up with my list of tags. I've only had to add three and delete one (so far, but I'm afraid I've reached the point of no return).

I tagged EVERYTHING with "check".

Then, I pull up the list of my posts ("Posting/Edit Posts" tab) and preview the post, then select the tags to add, and finally, select to remove "check".

I've also found a lot of things I'm going to follow up on. You know, to fill in the gaps between J.J. videos.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I think you may be my long lost twin! I did the same thing!!! Except, I still have about 300 posts to do... All good things come to those who procrastinate, right?

Have a good weekend!

Lynnster said...

I feel ya! Fortunately I had only backtracked on Blogger about a month or two before I decided I was jumping elsewhere. Now I've tagged everything at the new digs back to 1999 or 1998 I think, but still have around 300 posts to go. But it must be done, I won't rest until it is finished 'cos I'm just like that. Heh.