Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Checking in...

Yeah. I'm still here. What's new:

  • J.J.'s fourth tooth came in last week. It's just now at the point where you can see it when he smiles. It has completely changed the way he looks. No more gummy baby smiles. :( Of course, he's still adorable. He's turning into a little boy more and more every day.
  • I finally got that kitchen cabinet door reattached to the cabinet. You know, the one that fell off before Christmas? A second door was trying to liberate itself, so I decided it was time to act. Joe held them down and I got out the drill and some longer screws and I think they're going to work. I have half a mind to call the guy we bought our house from and let him know how bad an idea it was to both use such little screws and skip half the holes in the brackets. I'm sure he doesn't care. He flipped; we bought. It's our headache now. I only have 12 more doors (48 screws) to go.
  • J.J. is really into blocks right now. Well, blocks and anything else he can fit one in each hand and slam together. He's also into clapping, which I think happened when he forgot he didn't have blocks in his hands to slam together and figured out he could sill make noise.
  • Lillie Biscuit has decided that our backyard is the most terrible horrible place on earth and it is her duty to try her best to get out of it at all costs. That, and she likes to go across the street and play with her sister and birth mother. We just keep going back to Ace Hardware and buying more of those stakes to secure the chain link fence to the ground. I caught her yesterday standing on top of the woodpile, trying to get up the nerve to jump out. If she can't get under, she's going to try over. My next solution includes cement.
  • It doesn't matter where in the house we are. If Joe and I are both within the same 12 square feet, it's a good bet that J.J., Lillie, and Zitty are there as well. Apparently, we bought over 2000 square feet too many.
  • We saw Borat. I hated it. Maybe I'm too old. But I used the time to get caught up on my magazines that I hadn't touched since December. So it's not like Talladega Nights or Miami Vice, both of which robbed me of several hours of my life.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

You might have liked Borat more in the movie theater. Laugh and the theater laughs with you. Perhaps the same is true for Talladega Nights, but I'll never know (and I'm okay with that).

Lynnster said...

How dare you keep that poor dog in that terrible horrible back yard?! Heh. That is too funny about her going across the street to visit. She certainly is the social butterfly!!!

I used to just get amazed at the places my black Lab mix, Lucy, would get out of the fence. Just when I'd think I had it secured, there she'd go again. The puppies' mom discovered more in her time, which her offspring did manage to find a few spots, but I think they've forgotten about them again. For now.

Ginger said...

Once J.J. walks, you will never have privacy again. I can't go to the potty without Amanda right there. She can be engrossed into the most interesting tv show, but as soon as she senses that I'm in the bathroom, here she comes! I have no idea what's up with that, but from other mom blogs, I have found out that I'm not the only one. Get ready...

Linda said...

Heh. Zitty and Lillie already have the "no privacy" thing covered. Lillie accompanies me to the potty and Zitty shows up out of nowhere if I get in the shower. J.J. will have to stand in line!

Smed said...

We drilled it into Katie that she can't go into the bathroom when I'm showering - so much so she yells at Liz when Liz goes into the bathroom and I'm in there!