Wednesday, January 03, 2007

So, maybe I changed my mind...

Me on the phone with a sales person from the Tennessean (TSP) about 15 months ago: "So, you're going to deliver the Tennessean every day and only charge us for Saturday and Sunday through December of 2006?"

TSP: "Yep."

Me: "So what happens in January of 2007? You'll start charging me for daily delivery?"

TSP: "Nope. You'll go back to getting the paper delivered on weekends only."

Me: "And you won't call me to convince me I need to get a daily subscription?"

TSP: "Nope. We'll just start delivering the paper on weekends only."

Me: "Good. I don't want any sales calls. OK - I'm in."

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Fast forward to this morning - there's no paper on our driveway...

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Me (on the phone with a TSP): So why couldn't you have at least called to remind me I was going to switch back to weekend-only delivery?"

TSP: "..."

2 comments:

shauna said...

I refuse to subscribe anymore because they did the opposite to us twice -- continued delivering and sent a bill.

lindasis said...

I've yet to re-up from my weekend delivery when (for the 2nd year in a row), once my pre-paid period expired they sent an invoice for a much higher amount so I had to pay for a few weeks and then cancel...and I had to watch them since they tried to cheat me out of 4 or 5 weeks that should have been added at the end for periods I submitted a stop-delivery request...and I mainly got it for the sales ads and coupons and most of the time the coupons weren't inserted and the main ads (Target) were sometimes left out, too.

Glad to hear you're wanting to continue, but they've done nothing but leave a bad impression with me. I figure until they can deliver a consistent product that I'm paying for - I won't be subscribing! (I do miss the coupons, though).