Wednesday, January 03, 2007

So...

Happy New Year.

Resolutions?

Hmm... I'm not doing the weight loss thing. I mean, I'm still not back to pre-baby weight, but 9 months on, 9 months off, right? I mean, that gives me... umm, hold on, where's the calendar? Crap. That gives me less than a month.

OK, I'm still not doing the weight loss/work out/eat better thing. I mean, I have the BEST work out plan around. And as of yesterday, he's 23 1/2 pounds of baby that I tote around. But, here's what I'll do: I'll put dinner on the table for the 2 nights a week that all 4 Dubins sit down together as a family. Maybe 1 freebie a month, where we can get a pizza or go out for Mexican. That sounds fair.

And, I'll do one thing a week to make our house a better place. Something more than doing the dishes and cleaning the bathrooms and trying to get ahead of the laundry. Like, shelves in the nursery, refastening the kitchen cabinet doors on with screws that are actually long enough to support them, drapes in the family room... This week is a gimme: put away the Christmas stuff once the Epiphany is here.

I guess I'm not doing the Project 365 thing. Maybe next year.

How's the new year been treating you?

J.J. and I spent New Year's Eve at my mother's, enjoying brunch and friends. Then, he stayed with grandma while Joe and I had dinner out and headed downtown to ring in the new year at Buffalo. After eleventy glasses of wine and the 269th time I showed him the cutest picture of J.J. on my camera phone, we headed home minutes into the new year.

Daddy spent day one of 2007 at "Bowl Central" with a bunch of his high school buddies, and J.J. and I met his favorite aunt at the Predators game.

We all touched base at home and headed out to dinner with friends (table for 12 and a high chair but no black eyed peas), and we returned home with a coughing baby. He slept through his coughs (although I really didn't), and we made a visit to the doctor Tuesday morning to make sure it wasn't anything more than just a cough (it's not... yet).

Still coughing. Still no fever. Still 2007. Hope yours is happy!

2 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Happy New Year to you! I'm not good with resolutions. I do like the sounds of your mealtime resolutions. Good luck with those!

Thanks for your comment on my WFMW mesh laundry bag uses post! I do appreciate it!

Muffy said...

It is so far! Happy New Year to you too!!!!