Thursday, February 15, 2007

Making progress...

Not to beat a dead horse (What a terrible adage (idiom?), btw), but I found solutions for (most of) my multiple gmail/google accounts...

Moving my shared items from my old Google Reader account to my new one was simple... I just subscribed to my (old account) shared items feed from my new account, viewed them sorted "newest first" ("oldest first" only goes back 30 days), and shared them from my new account. Done! It didn't matter that some of the items I had shared were from feeds I have since unsubscribed from or from someone else's shared items!

I added both of my old gmail accounts and J.J.'s gmail address to my new account. Then, I had to set each account to forward to my new email address (oh, and can anyone tell me why? Shouldn't that be a part of integrating them into my account?).

My remaining issues are probably not going to go away any time soon...

Although I can set multiple filters that specify which emails from each of my old accounts should forward to my new email address, I cannot set filters for which emails should NOT be forwarded. It would be wonderful if I could say "forward a copy of all of my emails EXCEPT the ones sent from Blogger (copies of my posts and copies of my comments)". Or, "Don't forward emails from [this sender]". But I can't (yet?).

My New Blogger account (it's a "New Blogger" account, but it's not a "new account") is tied to one of my old gmail/Google accounts. So if I check my Gmail (dub - new account), look at Google Reader (dub - new account) then sign into Blogger (dblu - old account), I can't click back to Gmail or Google Reader without signing out of the old account and back into the new one. Once I sign into Blogger with the old account and go back to Gmail or Google Reader, they pull up the old account too.

I'm constantly checking the top of my browser to confirm that I'm looking at the right account. More than once, I think I've been randomly signed out of one account and back into another. That's how I deleted the wrong Google Reader feeds to begin with.

So, I need to be able to set a filter specifying what NOT to forward and I'd like to move my Blogger account from my old Google account to my new one. Please?

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's a lot of stuff. Way too complicated for my brain.