Saturday, March 24, 2007

So, this whole "out of work" thing ain't so bad.

Yesterday was my first day of unemployment. I:

Woke up and played with J.J., had breakfast, got us both ready, then took him to the babysitter.

Had a pedicure and got my brows waxed.

Met a friend for lunch.

Went to the baby consignment store and got J.J. some clothes.

Went shopping and got some stuff to help organize the house.

Got my hair cut.

Went to the hardware store and got yard stuff (including a new hose to replace the new hose that Lillie Biscuit ate).

Picked up J.J. and took him for a wagon ride.

Watched basketball.

Spent two hours pretending to be a travel agent and FINALLY got Joe and his sports producer a flight home from New York later today (they had optimistically purchased a return flight for Monday).

3 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

So far I think you are adjusting fabulously. ;)

But seriously, hope you find a job soon. Keep on enjoying this time off! :)

And thanks for reminding me that I need to book a way way overdue pedicure.

Erin said...

Sounds like a good day to me! ;) Good luck on your hunt!

Ginger said...

Sounds dreamy! :)

Just a question, here: Doesn't Joe and those guys have an assistant or somebody at News2 who should be doing their travel arrangements? That doesn't seem like a job you should have to do...just sayin'.