So much for the whole, "Hey, now that you're not working, you can blog more" theory. I've never been busier.
What I've done with my first week off:
- A couple of interviews. Knocked some jobs off the "possibilities" list and added a couple of new ones.
- Cleaned all three bathrooms. And recaulked the tub upstairs.
Next step: Clean out the refrigerator.done!
- Sorted through all of J.J.'s clothes and baby stuff and packed away the things he's outgrown. Next step: sort through into "keep", "take to consignment" and "offer to others".
- Got my driver's license updated.
- Joe and I cleared out all the flower beds and put down 74 bags of rock. I also replaced that hydrangea with a rose bush and watched Joe mow and edge the front yard and cut back the shrubs and that Crepe Myrtle that was about to swallow the dining room. Next step: Now that we've had rain, it's time to weed and feed.
- Emptied and refilled the dishwasher at least eleventy-seven times. Twice that many sink loads of bottles.
- Organized my shoes so there's no longer a bunch under our bed and a bunch more in the Bear's closet. Now, they either live in an under-the-bed (on wheels!) bin or in a canvas hanger on the back of the Bear's closet door.
- Went through my clothes in my dresser and J.J.'s closet (have you noticed I don't have my own closet?) and sorted into "keep", "pack away for when I gain weight", "pack away for when I'm pregnant" and "Goodwill". Next step: tackle the closet in the laundry room and the bins in the garage that I haven't touched since we moved.
- Vacuumed the downstairs.
Next step: Laundry room floor.done!
- Did all of the laundry. For now.
- Spent too much money on things for the yard and organizing the house. Next step: Serious budget time.
- Went to the Preds game to watch them lose to Detroit, who still suck.