Saturday, April 28, 2007

Marathon weekend


Well, we survived the marathon... Next up is a birthday party for my little guy who just happens to be turning one in a few days!

I've made 6 pounds of chicken salad, 4 cups of pimiento cheese, a big fruit salad and we have lots of chips and treats, not to mention some cakes (Elmo for us and Cookie Monster for my little cookie monster to destroy) and ice cream.

Clown? Heck no! Who needs a clown when you got Big Joe for a daddy?

And the best news... I hired a photographer, so there will be no "Sorry, I was so busy, there aren't any pictures" post. :)

8 comments:

Ginger said...

I forgot that Joe was doing the marathon. There is no freakin' way I could ever accomplish that. Hell, I get winded just running to the mailbox. lol!

The pics are very cool, as usual.

Happy birthday to the little guy!!!!
My goodness, he will be walking soon...

Lesley said...

Oh, awesome, I'm glad it worked out with Karen. Her photos are so good. I can't wait to see the ones of the big celebration!

shauna said...

I hope the party is fantastic.
A photographer is a great idea -- it will take a lot of pressure off you so you can just enjoy the festivities. Happy birthday, JJ!

Anonymous said...

You should rename your blog, "I'm conceited and so is my fat husband, and my fat kid" Get a job you bore!

Linda said...

Thanks guys - we had a lot of fun!

And Anon, I think you might have meant "boor". Although, you might have meant "bore", but considering the time you spend here, that really doesn't fit.

Oh - and I got a job! I was offered two last week and am starting back to work next Monday. If I weren't so busy having a LIFE, I would have posted about it, being the conceited person I am. :)

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger said...

Why do people have to be so mean? If you don't like what you read here, go away.

Lynnster said...

But if you didn't have a job and life, you too could spend your free time being an anonymous troll, Linda! :p

Happy upcoming b'day to Double J! And I thought before you even said it about the clown thing, hehe. :)