Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Let's do lunch

When I accepted a job in Brentwood a couple of months ago, I immediately began looking forward to lunch.

After seven years in Donelson, with 1 & 1/2 decent lunch spots (the "half" is a buffet really good food, really bad format) plus a Royal Thai in neighboring Hermitage, I was more than ready for the variety that Brentwood has to offer. Phillip's, Maggie's (now Sweetpea), Joey's, The Front Porch Cafe, Peter's, Pei Wei, Pargo's Brentwood Grill, Mere Bulle's, Cross Corner, and a whole bunch of chains (yes, I know Pei Wei is a chain, but it's the only one around).

I just wish it were possible to get myself to any of them, in and out, and back to my office within an hour.

3 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Hey! I work in Brentwood, too, just off Maryland Way. We should "do lunch" one day.

Been to Mo's yet?

Klinde said...

Not that it is the same.... When Mama was a little girl she wrote down things her mother said that she "swore" she would never say to her child. Once I hit 4 or 5 she found the list. She promptly crumpled it up and muttered "stupid kid".

Malia said...

My sis-in-law works at Mere Bulles, so I have an "in". I think the B-wood crew (Jag, you, Jamie, Emily, + me...anyone else? Klinde you work in B-wood?) should meet there for lunch soon. They have the best she-crab bisque evah!

When's a good day for you?