Thursday, June 07, 2007

None for me, thanks -- I'm allergic.

My allergies fired back up yesterday. I grabbed my Sudafed, which worked, sort of. By bedtime last night, I felt like my face was about to explode and breathing through my nose was not an option. I choked a couple more Sudafed down this morning and went to work, where I sat at my desk and sneezed for an hour before I called my doctor, who -- miraculously -- had an appointment open right then.

He also had a couple samples of (and a prescription for) Astelin, which, in the time it took to drive from his office to my office, cleared my nasal passages, got rid of all that pressure, and even eliminated that tingly sensation that felt like some microscopic critter was crawling around inside my face and ears. I'm going to monitor their "pollen check" for a couple weeks and see if I can figure out just what that critter was...

3 comments:

Ivy said...

My allergies have been hating on me too lately. Grrr. Stupid allergies.

tennessee mom said...

neti pot! It is the best thing in the world! I saw it on Oprah, Dr Oz was showing how to use it. I figured Id give it a try because my daughter and I are constantly congested and I don't like taking medicine all the time. so i bought one, the first few times felt weird but now I'm hooked. I can breathe and no congestion, really! you can buy them at amazon and a dozen other places, i got mine at nationalallery.com. it comes with a saline solution, ive used just non iodized salt and the solution,i like the solution better but plain saline is just fine too. try it! or google it and see how many people have had their allergies change.

do i sound like an advertizment? :)

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

My allergies have been horrible lately. We went hiking at Radnor Lake last Sunday and I thought I was going to claw my eyes out! So much for enjoying the "great outdoors."