Friday, July 06, 2007

Google Reader Makes me Lazy

I think it's safe to say, I've made it pretty clear how I feel about Google Reader. Although, the fact that search is non-existent in this Google tool has gone from being a chuckle-inducing bit of irony to a flat out gaping hole in the product's functionality, especially since Google desktop doesn't pull results from Reader.

Anyway, I digress (big surprise, huh?).

Back in the old days (pGR: pre-Google Reader), I would see things out on the internets that interested me and I would either immediately post a little blurb (ok, usually just a link). Or, I would save the link as a draft and come back to it relatively soon and write a little more about it. Because every time I signed into Blogger, there was that draft staring at me, begging to be published.

Now, not so much. My quick hits are shared and show up either in that little widget on the left or in the RSS for my shared items, if you subscribe. No comments from me or the peanut gallery on those. And the others? Well, the others are starred in Reader so (in theory) I can get back to them when I have a little time and throw some words together and post them on my blog. In practice, they sit in my starred items area until they stagnate and die.

So, I'm actually going back through my starred items and reviving some of them, and putting the others out of their misery. Just to warn you, things might seem a little retro for a while...

1 comment:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I had NO idea you could create folders and tag subscribed feeds until you told me. I need to just put Bloglines out of its misery and convert totally to Google Reader. Not that I need to spend any more time blog reading, BUT it will make it more efficient.

I bow down to your Google Reader skillz! ;)