Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Let's go Krogering...

A long, long time ago, I decided I was going to compile my grocery list (arranged by the order I walk through my neighborhood Kroger) in a spreadsheet. The plan was to list the things I buy all the time, along with their regular price. Then, I was going to scan the weekly Kroger and Food Lion (unfortunately, the only other grocery store near our house) sale fliers and get the stuff I always buy at the best price each week, plus stock up on things that are stock-uppable when they were a great bargain (like Juicy Juice for under $2 a bottle).

As you very well may have guessed, it never happened.

But then, those crafty (and not in the Martha way) ladies at Home Ec 101 posted a link to mygrocerydeals.com. And I added a star to the post in my Google Reader and it sat there waiting for me to get back to it.

Which I finally did. Now, I have my list (in a spreadsheet, arranged by the order I walk through Kroger). I'm still adding price information, but I also have a list on mygrocerydeals.com which I can compare to the sales ads for Kroger, Food Lion and Publix without having to go to each store's site.

Now, if I could just find some time to get to the grocery store...

2 comments:

Klinde said...

Great idea!! Maybe in a couple of years I will implement it as well - LOL!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Oh stop it! I may just have to do that.

I'm on a mission to cut our grocery bills. I hate to cut coupons but I'm pretty good at planning our meals around what's on sale at Publix. I've also started getting a lot of basics at WalMart and Dollar General (great for cleaning supplies.)

I just subscribed to shoplocal.com. It sounds similar but they don't just specialize in grocery stores.