Wednesday, April 02, 2008

It's not easy being green...

Imagine that you have a handful of jellybeans. There's a red one, a pink one, an orange one, a yellow one, a purple one and a green one. I know, that's a small handful, unless you're a kid, but work with me.

Assuming the colors in your hand represent all of the flavor varieties in the jellybean mix and that the jellybeans are all fruit-flavored, what flavor is the green one?

Well, if you ask me, it better be lime (and for those of you who need to know, the others are cherry, strawberry, orange, lemon and grape).

When I was a kid (hold on J.J., you're going to hear that phrase a LOT), green was ALWAYS lime. A few years ago, the "default" flavor for green fruity candy started transitioning from lime to (sour) green apple.

It's not that I have anything against green apple, it's just that to me, it's not a primary/default flavor. I mean, if there are two shades of green, I'm all for one of them being green apple, just so long as the other is lime.

7 comments:

Lesley said...

The lime is a highly underrated fruit. I much prefer it to any "green-applish flavoring."

GingerSnaps said...

Yeah, I agree, Lesley! Green apple is a totally fake flavor! I'm all for truth in jelly bean flavoring!

Lindasis said...

I don't eat jelly beans (I know, shocking....we differ on something - else - ....but I had the same reaction when they ruined skittles but changing the lime to apple as well.

Christina said...

I grew up eating the hard green jolly ranchers that were sour apple.

I prefer it over lime.

There are worse flavors.....like the vomit or snot jelly beans on Harry Potter. EW! hehehe

GingerSnaps said...

Hey Christina...Big Joe is blogging again! It's time to let loose the comment brigade! :)
Woot!

Christina said...

I'm always the last to know...

Thanks for the heads up Ginger!

Double WOOT! :)

lcreekmo said...

WTF. That is all I can say. Except also that green apple is the worst candy flavor ever, followed closely by watermelon. And lime jelly beans are THE BEST KIND with the possible exception of lemon.

I am sad now.